My thoughts on the 2016 Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA)
12:12Hello everybody! 👋
So this is my first blog post, and I thought that a good way to start things off was to talk about the recent Mnet Asian Music Awards that just happened a couple of nights ago 👀.
I'm not going to bother you with any other form on introduction, so we'll just get right on to my thoughts ---->
Luckily for me, I had the day off from school on the 2nd of December, so I could peacefully watch the awards from start to finish (or so I thought). It was a bit of a struggle finding a good streaming website, but after some time I finally found one in good quality and that didn't stop to buffer every 5 seconds.
The red carpet:
There isn't much I can say about the red carpet, except that everyone looked stunning. I was honestly so mesmarized by got7 because they looked so dang good. I also full on squealed when BTS showed up...(hehe).
During the red carpet, SF9 and I.O.I had a couple of performances which were really nice (I especially really enjoyed SF9's performance).
The award show:
Okay, now we're getting into the real stuff.(Quick notice, I dont quite remeber the exact order of all the awards given and the order of the performances, so it might be a little off and I'm sorry in advance if I forget to mention anything or anyone) Let me just say right off the bat, Taemins performance had me shook. It was soo good, and I was honestly surprised, since I'm personally not that familiar with Taemin or Shinee in general, but his performance at MAMA this year really caught my attention.
Seventeens and Gfriends collaborated performance was soo frigging adorable! I was awing the whole time. Mingyu was really cute with his little bouquet, and Gfriend singing along to Very Nice was just really cute...did I mention that it was really cute? Heh.
Now...Zico, Dean, and Crush...oh my. I was singing along the whole time to Bremuda, because that song is just so dang lit, and they all looked sooo good. Zico and Crush completly killed it, and Deans high notes killed me, the whole thing was just honestly amazing.
From what I saw, Twices performance was really great, and by that I mean that the stream decided to start buffering every 2 seconds during their performance....which really sucked, but sadly there was nothing I could really do about it, so I ended up missing most of their performance.
Monsta x and Got7 did a sort of (???) type of collaboration. They didnt perform any songs together, but the opening was somewhat of a collab, and the whole "briefcase" concept was really serious and cool at first, but when they got together and opened it and just started throwing money around, it just ended up being really goofy and funny and I really enjoyed it. Pointing out the elefant in the room...when they were showing the title card of Hard Carry by Got7, they put Monsta x instead of Got7, which I know a lot of people got kind of mad about, but for me personally it was just really hilarious at the time. I know MAMA also had a couple other mess-ups this year, such as calling Day6 "Day8", but honestly I'm not all that mad about it.
Now...BTS. Sadly, during my ultimate bias group, my stream decided to start buffering once again, and I was soo frustrated becuase of it. I ended up missing most of the Blood Sweat & Tears, and missing the whole Fire performance. However, I did end up catching Boy meets evil at the start, and the end of Blood Sweat & Tears. Jimin and Hoseok at the start were just stunning, I can literally not find words to express how amazing they were. The choreography was great, and they looked so dang good, that I'm just at a lost of words. As I said before, I did end up catching the end of Blood Sweat & Tears, and can we just talk about Tae and Jin at the end?! Everyone was shook beyond belief. Tae's back and Jin and just ugghhhh....I think this just speaks for itself.
Jokes aside, I am so immensly proud of them for winning not one, but two awards. When they won artist of the year, I cried. I'm just so proud of them and how they've come this far, and they've just worked so hard and they just deserve all the love in the world.
Sadly, once again (this was happening really frequently and at this point I was furious lol) my stream decided to non-stop start buffering every few seconds during Exo's performance. So sadly, I ended up missing their entire performance, but I'm sure they did great. I'm actually probably going to look at some of the performances that were recorded again, since I ended up missing afew.
This year YG decided not to come...I know we're still all recovering from the recent breakup of 2NE1, but it still would've been nice to see YG groups there, especially BlackPink since they're really new right now. YG did state that they will not be attending due to lack of time...but I honestly think that it was a lot more to that behind the scenes, but we won't get into that right now ;)
Anyways, thank you for reading through this really long post!
Till next time,
Steph~
0 comments